The custard apple is medium in size and grows twelve to fifteen feet tall in light soils of dry, hot and semi-arid regions. Calcium, iron, vitamins B-1, B-2 and ‘C’ are mainly found in cilantro. (Healthy Benefits of custard apple) The leaves of custard apple have medicinal properties and the taste of custard apple is sweet and nutritious.
Applying the powder of raw custard apple seeds on the hair kills lice. Fatigue in the body By eating custard apple, fatigue is relieved. This fruit is cold, carminative, choleretic, expectorant, sweet, nutritive, blood tonic, tonic and antiemetic, but at the same time eating too much custard apple can cause stomach gas, diarrhea and fever.
1. The anti-inflammatory activity of custard apple can help reduce the risk of asthma. Therefore, consumption of custard apple can be useful for people with asthma to reduce the risk of asthma.
2. Vitamin-B6 is found in sufficient quantity in custard apple. Vitamin-B6 intake may reduce the risk of heart disease. Therefore, it is beneficial for people with heart disease to consume custard apple.
3. The fiber in the custard apple helps improve the digestive process in the body. (Healthy Benefits of custard apple) Regular consumption of custard apple in the afternoon improves digestion.
4. If a person has the problem of high blood pressure, it can be reduced to some extent by consuming the calcium and magnesium in custard apple.
5. Vitamin-C in custard apple helps to increase immunity. This is why custard apple is also called tonic.
6. Regular consumption of custard apple during pregnancy reduces the risk of miscarriage, as cilantro breaks down into chilly forms. (Healthy Benefits of custard apple) So custard apple is very useful for pregnant women.
7. Custard apple helps in controlling the sugar level in the body and reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
8. Calcium and magnesium in custard apple are beneficial for our bone health, which helps in strengthening the bones.
9. Vitamin B6, an ingredient in custard apple, can help reduce inflammation in the body.
10. Custard apple is known as a mood booster, as its B complex vitamins help calm the brain (Healthy Benefits of custard apple) and reduce mood swings, stress and anxiety.
Custard apple can be used in the diet in the following ways –
- You can make Custard apple ice cream and eat it.
- Custard apple can be eaten as a fruit salad with other fruits.
- You can remove the seeds from the pulp of Custard apple and make a smoothie.
- Custard apple can also be taken through milk shake.
Currently the season of custard apple is going on. Magnesium, fiber, vitamin C, flavonoids which are useful for the body are present in custard apple, so it not only reduces the risk of diabetes but also helps in controlling blood pressure. (Healthy Benefits of custard apple) Vitamin C and riboflavin are important components of custard apple which also take care of our eyes. Thus custard apple is useful for us in different ways.
(Note – Custard apple should be eaten only during the season and eating too much of Sitaphal can lead to stomach gas, diarrhea and fever.)